Elevate your taste buds with our refreshing Pineapple Tepache recipe!
Tepache is a traditional Mexican fermented beverage that transforms pineapple peels & core into a fizzy and tangy elixir. This age-old recipe not only minimizes food waste by utilizing pineapple scraps but also harnesses the natural power of fermentation for a drink that's as exciting for your taste buds as it is for your gut.
Low-waste & extra tasty recipe that is full of gut-healthy probiotics! Fermenting pineapple peels and cores makes a delicious fizzy drink that you have to try 🙌
🍍 How to:
1. Remove the crown and base of the pineapple, then rinse the body of the pineapple. Cut the peel from the pineapple into big chunks (cut up the rest of the fruit and save it for later as it isn’t needed for this recipe). Cut up the core into chunks as well.
2. Place the peels and the core chunks in the Mason jar. Here you can add the ginger and/or cinnamon stick and chillies.
3. Combine water with sugar and stir it till dissolved. Pour the liquid into the Mason jar. Submerge all ingredients in the liquid to prevent mold by weighing it down with Pickle Pebble. Cover with Pickle Pipe and secure it in place with the Tough Band. Leave it in a dark place such as a kitchen cupboard.
4. Ferment for 1-3 days.
5. When it tastes as you like it, you can strain the pineapple from the liquid into a separate container (Mason jar or a bottle). Your drink is ready to be enjoyed!
6. You can add extra carbonation by serving it with sparkling water or continuing with the second fermentation. Store in the fridge for a few months.
🍍 Second Fermentation (optional):
Pour just the liquid into a Mason jar. Then cover with the Pickle Pipe and secure with Tough Band. Place back in the kitchen cupboard for an additional 1-3 days. Taste it every day to check on the flavour and carbonation level. When ready, move it to the fridge.