DETOX GREEN JUICE RECIPE 🥤
Buying green juices (especially with good ingredients) in the store can get really expensive. You can easily spend about $10 per juice and if you did that on a daily basis it would cost a fortune.
The truth is that it’s so much cheaper to make it yourself and don’t worry, you don’t need a juicer! We know that you don’t need any extra kitchen tools on your already crowded countertop – who has space for that! The great news is that all you need for this recipe is a blender and strainer.
Within about 30 min (including the prep time, which takes up the biggest chunk of this estimated time) you can make a refreshing, detoxing and nutrient-dense green juice.
This recipe will make 4 servings; however, you can easily double the ingredients to have juice for every day of the week or to share with anyone else in your household.
Plus, making green juice is a great way to use up leftover produce in your fridge and pack in all the nutrients.
Here is a quick overview of the health benefits that you will get from some of the ingredients in this juice:
- Cucumber: great source of vitamins C and K, fiber, magnesium and potassium. It’s high in antioxidants, promotes hydration, lowers blood sugar and prevents constipation.
- Celery: great source of antioxidants, reduces inflammation, supports digestion, rich in vitamins A, K and C as well as minerals like potassium, magnesium, iron and folate. It also lowers your sugar levels.
- Ginger: aids digestion + brings bloating and gas relief. It contains powerful antioxidant & anti-inflammatory properties, treats nausea (especially morning sickness), lowers blood sugar, lowers cholesterol and fights infections.
- Cilantro: lowers blood sugar and is rich in immune-boosting antioxidants. Also, it lowers LDL (bad) cholesterol and increases HDL (good) cholesterol, improves memory, improves digestion and overall gut health, and fights infections.
Servings: 4, Time: 30 min
- 1 large cucumber, roughly chopped (don’t peel it for maximum health benefits)
- 1 bunch celery (about 8–10 stalks), roughly chopped
- 2 green apples, roughly chopped (same as with cucumber - don’t peel it for maximum health benefits)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp fresh ginger (or more if you really like ginger)
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup cilantro (if you aren’t a cilantro lover, swap it with parsley!)
- Add the cucumber, celery, apple, spinach, ginger, cilantro, and water into a blender. Blend for about 30 seconds until smooth. Add more water if looks too thick.
- Place a nut milk bag (or fine mesh strainer) over a large bowl and pour the mixture into the bag. Carefully squeeze out all the juice into the bowl, leaving behind the pulp.
- Add freshly squeezed lemon juice to the strained juice.
- Pour it into a glass container (such as Mason jar) and store in the fridge for up to 7 days.
👉 We recommend using Mason jars and Masontops Tough Tops to ensure air-tight storage. If drinking on the go, try our Multi Tops!
Happy juicing! 🥒🍏
Adapted from: @lifeisbutadish